The steps in reviewing the flow of data through the NAV system are as follows:
- Prepare all the Master data, reference data, and control and setup data. Much of this preparation is done initially when an application is first set up for production usage.
- Enter transactions into a
Journal table; preliminarily validating data as it is entered, referencing auxiliary data tables as appropriate.
- Provide for additional test validations of data prior to submitting the Batch to Posting.
- Post the Journal Batch, finally validating the transaction data, adding entries as appropriate to one or more Ledgers and, perhaps a Register and a document history.
- Access the data via Forms and/or Reports of various types as appropriate. At this point, total ...