WHAT’S IN THIS CHAPTER?
- Using the <script> element
- Comparing inline and external scripts
THE <SCRIPT> ELEMENT
- async — Optional. Indicates that the script should begin downloading immediately but should not prevent other actions on the page such as downloading resources or waiting for other scripts to load. Valid only for external script files.
- charset — Optional. The character set of the code specified using the src attribute. This attribute is rarely used, because most browsers don’t honor its value.
- defer — Optional. Indicates that the execution of the ...