Test of Hypothesis (Small Samples)
Before you start reading this unit, you should:
- Be thorough in all the steps of testing procedure
- Be able to calculate mean and variance for a grouped and ungrouped data
After going through this unit, you would be able to:
- Understand the concepts of small samples, null and alternative hypothesis, and procedure involved in testing them
- Formulate an appropriate null hypothesis, alternative hypothesis, and all other steps involved in testing procedure
- Differentiate between different tests like when to apply t-test or F-test or χ2-test.
- Specify the most appropriate test of hypothesis in a given situation, apply the procedure and make inferences from the result.