Testing of Hypothesis (Large Samples)
Before you start reading this unit, you should:
- Be familiar with sampling theory
- Have knowledge of sampling distributions
After going through this unit, you would be able to:
- Understand the concepts of hypothesis null and alternative hypothesis
- Understand the procedure for testing of hypothesis
- Distinguish between Type I and Type II errors in hypothesis testing
- Use an appropriate test for testing situations involving means, proportions, and the differences between means and proportions.
In Unit 6, we have seen the sampling distributions and finding the mean and variance for such distributions. In this unit, we shall draw inferences for deciding about the ...