This chapter shows how to use images to create beautiful and functional documents that remain accessible and download quickly.
- Image shows how to use the
<img> element. It also contrasts the advantages and disadvantages of the GIF, JPG, and PNG image formats.
- Image Map shows how to overlay an image with clickable areas that link to other pages.
- Fade-out shows how to use gradient images to add subtle shading behind content. It also shows how to create chameleon gradients that adapt to the current background.
- Semi-transparent shows how to put a partially transparent background behind an element so that it stands out from the background below it without obscuring it.
- Replaced Text shows how to replace text with ...