The main purpose of this chapter is to show various ways you can emphasize document structure by styling blocks. Many design patterns in other chapters apply to blocks, but this chapter contains patterns specific to styling block elements to reveal document structure.
- Structural Meaning shows how blocks create hierarchical and sequential structure.
- Visual Structure shows how to style blocks to bring out the document structure.
- Section shows how to organize your document into sections for easy styling and for better structural meaning for search engines and document processors.
- Lists shows many ways to create lists and list markers.
- Background Bulleted shows how to add bullets to a list using background images. ...