“I would recommend this book to network engineers, Internet service providers, network software developers, and IT staff who need to deal with network planning and routing.”
–Enke Chen, Redback Networks
Hands-on guidance for deploying and optimizing BGP networks–enterprise and ISP
Now there’s a practical guide to deploying and managing BGPv4 in any environment–from small enterprises to the largest Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers. A team of the world’s leading BGP experts brings together powerful insights into network design, configuration, and deployment with the latest version of BGP–including hands-on guidance for leveraging its key enhancements. Coverage includes
• Best practices and diverse real-world scenarios for applying BGPv4
• Understanding the impact of BGP design on local networks and the global Internet backbone
• Building effective BGP policies: aggregation, propagation, accounting, and more
• Maximizing scalability and performance in BGPv4 networks
• BGP and network security, including Secure Origin BGP
• Deploying BGP/MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
• Extensive troubleshooting guidance unavailable in any other book
If you’re a network engineer or administrator looking to drive maximum reliability and performance from BGP-based networks, Practical BGP will help you get the job done–from start to finish.
RUSS WHITE is a Network Protocols Deployment Engineer in Cisco Systems Routing DNA Team specializing in routing protocols. A widely recognized expert in networking, he co-chairs the IETF Routing Protocols Security working group, and co-authored Advanced IP Network Design, IS—IS for IP Networks, and Inside Cisco IOS Software Architecture.
DANNY McPHERSON is a member of the Architecture Team at Arbor Networks. He has held technical leadership positions with several global ISPs, is active within the IETF, and is an acknowledged expert in Internet architecture and security. He co-authored Internet Routing Architectures, Second Edition.
SRIHARI SANGLI, Senior Manager for MPLS and routing development at Procket Networks, was formerly Senior Technical Leader in Cisco’s IOS Routing Protocols group. He, along with others at Cisco, coded the industry-first implementation of BGP/MPLS based Layer-3 VPN.