Policies is the document that help us define and assign permissions to a role, group, user, or AWS resource.
There are three types of Policies in the AWS IAM service:
An AWS-managed policy has the following features:
- It is easier to use for common access and assign it to users, groups, and roles.
- It is a standalone policy that is created and administered by AWS.
- It has its own Amazon Resource Names (ARNs) that includes the policy name.
- It is useful for the following common use cases:
- Administrator access
- All Access except IAM
- Service-level access, such as EC2 and S3
- Users can't change permissions defined in AWS-managed policies. Only AWS can update the permissions defined in an AWS-managed policy.
- The updated ...