The job market is awash with qualified applicants. Yet employers rarely select based solely on merit. Instead, most hiring decisions are gut-level evaluations made in the first few minutes of an interview. What people say determines who lands a job and who does not.
Hiring expert Tony Beshara knows the words that trigger “yes” in the minds of employers—and in his handy new book, he arms candidates with hundreds of ready-to-use responses to even the toughest interview questions. Covering entry-level to executive positions and encompassing all industries, this quick-reference guide propels job seekers through every stage of the process. Readers learn power phrases to: • Get their foot in the door
• Clearly communicate their skills, strengths, and experience—and why they would be a perfect fit
• Make a great impression at the crucial opening and close
• Score high on the likability factor
• Dispel lingering concerns about work history
• Give follow-up emails real impact
• Negotiate a strong job offer
• And more After all, when it’s time to choose between a candidate who is perfect on paper and one who is persuasive in person, there’s no contest. Powerful Phrases for Successful Interviews gives you the right words to make the difference every time.