Chapter 8. Monitoring and Diagnosis
In this chapter, we will cover the following:
- Is the user connected?
- What are they running?
- Are they active or blocked?
- Who is blocking them?
- Killing a specific session
- Resolving an in-doubt prepared transaction
- Is anybody using a specific table?
- When did anybody last use it?
- How much disk space is used by temporary data?
- Why are my queries slowing down?
- Investigating and reporting a bug
- Producing a daily summary of logfile errors
In this chapter, you find recipes for some common monitoring and diagnosis actions you want to do inside your database. They are meant to answer specific questions that you often face when using PostgreSQL.
Databases are not isolated entities. They live on computer ...