Chapter 1. Creating Courses
If you use Plone for your school's public web presence or intranet, it might also make sense to use it for your courses:
- Courses can interact naturally with other Plone content. For example, an event listing can combine exams and athletics.
- Plone is more customizable than commercial offerings like WebCT or Blackboard, and there's no worry about another company swallowing it.
- Plone can save hundreds of thousands of dollars per year over a commercial course management system.
- Consistent navigation and one-stop search come for free, avoiding the need to cobble together disparate systems with arcane web server rewrite rules.
- Plone brings flexible access control and workflow, freedom from the webmaster bottleneck, and the other ...