PIC32 Microcontrollers and the Digilent chipKIT: Introductory to Advanced Projects will teach you about the architecture of 32-bit processors and the hardware details of the chipKIT development boards, with a focus on the chipKIT MX3 microcontroller development board. Once the basics are covered, the book then moves on to describe the MPLAB and MPIDE packages using the C language for program development. The final part of the book is based on project development, with techniques learned in earlier chapters, using projects as examples.
Each projectwill have a practical approach, with in-depth descriptions and program flow-charts with block diagrams, circuit diagrams, a full program listing and a follow up on testing and further development.
With this book you will learn:
- State-of-the-art PIC32 32-bit microcontroller architecture
- How to program 32-bit PIC microcontrollers using MPIDE, MPLAB, and C language
- Core features of the chipKIT series development boards
- How to develop simple projects using the chipKIT MX3 development board and Pmod interface cards
- how to develop advanced projects using the chipKIT MX3 development boards
- Demonstrates how to use the PIC32 series of microcontrollers in real, practical applications, and make the connection between hardware and software programming
- Usage of the PIC32MX320F128H microcontroller, which has many features of the PIC32 device and is included on the chipKIT MX3 development board
- Uses the highly popular chipKIT development boards, and the PIC32 for real world applications, making this book one of a kind