On completion of this chapter you will be able to:
• understand the importance of developing the skills to manage change
• identify the external forces which drive internal changes
• appreciate why people resist change
• understand the positive aspects of change
• describe the stages of introducing change
• use techniques to overcome resistance to change
• create an atmosphere in which change is accepted and even welcomed.
The management of change has become one of the most important aspects of a manager's job. You will only be a good manager if you can manage change. The only certainty today is that everything is constantly changing. You need to have the skills and knowledge to manage ...