On completion of this chapter you will be able to:
• list the essential requirements for good time management
• identify time wasters
• explain techniques for managing time more effectively
• manage your own time more effectively
• differentiate between submissive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
• describe your assertive rights
• behave assertively
• explain the advantages of assertive behaviour
• understand the causes of stress
• utilize coping strategies to deal with stress.
So far we have looked at various aspects of management which have all been concerned with managing other people. If you are to be an effective manager, one of the most important things you must ...