At the end of this chapter you will be able to:
• appreciate the need for self development
• understand the different ways in which people learn
• describe the learning cycle
• conduct a personal audit
• set self-development objectives
• identify development needs
• devise a self-development plan
• record and monitor progress against the self-development plan.
The rate of change has become so rapid that if any person in work is to simply keep up with what is happening around them and to know enough to do their job effectively, it is essential for them to constantly update their skills and knowledge. These days it is widely accepted that education ...