On completion of this chapter you will be able to:
• describe the term ‘team leader’
• describe the key managerial tasks that make up the job of a team leader
• appreciate the importance of setting smart objectives
• describe the organizational hierarchy of objectives and plans
• differentiate between different types of plans
• explain the planning cycle
• describe the benefits of planning
• describe the stages in organizing
• understand the importance of monitoring and controlling plans.
As a team leader you will have first line responsibility for people within your organization. Many of you will not only be responsible for leading your team but also be involved in day-to-day ...