In This Chapter
• Learning your way around the Messages window
• Getting set up to use Messages
• Engaging in scintillating conversations
• Using Messages to get around the pesky attachment size limits in email
• Deleting unwanted conversations
• Searching for that conversation you want to look at again
Messages, as its name implies, is the Mac application that sends and receives messages. If you are familiar with previous versions of OS X, then I must tell you that it replaces iChat and provides a much easier-to-use interface. Using Messages is similar to sending a text message on your phone, but Messages uses the iMessage protocol instead of the SMS or MMS protocols used on mobile phones.
In this chapter, I show you how ...