• Understand the key principles of performance management (PM) and performance management systems (PMS).
• Be able to evaluate critically how different contexts, values and environments influence the management of performance.
• Understand the role of individual identity and social identity in how individuals perform.
• Be able to identify the difference between individual PM and team PM and their contribution to organizational goals.
• Understand the concepts of self control, social control and administrative control and their implications for the management of performance.
The aim of this chapter is to examine the concept of performance and practice ...