Cost information determines:
- Whether the system maintains one overall cost for the item or a different cost for each branch/plant
- The cost method that system uses to track inventory costs
- The cost method that system uses for purchase orders
This recipe will provide you with an overview of item cost setup and how to do it.
You should get ready to provide cost information for items in order to track inventory costs.
- Assign a cost level to an item. From the Item/Branch (P41026), select the item and select the Cost Revision (P4105) form row menu.
- Assign a cost method to an item. Select Last In, Standard cost, and Weighted Average cost on the item's Cost Revision application, ...