AFTER READING THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the differences between independent and dependent demand systems.
- Describe the inputs and outputs to an MRP system, and execute the MRP process.
- Determine resource capacity and load percent, and perform load leveling on capacitated resources.
- Explain the hierarchical planning process for resources as a closed loop system, and discuss the assumptions on which this process is based.
- Describe basic ERP systems and the scope of their implementations, including the connection to SCM, CRM and PLM.
- Discuss the issues, advantages and drawbacks of the enterprise IT software systems that run today's global businesses.
SOFTWARE THAT RUNS THE COMPANY
VF Corporation is the world's largest apparel company, known for its Wrangler and Lee brand jeans, as well as Nautica, JanSport, Eastpak, Eagle Creek, Vans, Timberland, and North Face outdoor apparel. Although its corporate headquarters is located in Greensboro, North Carolina, VF brands are sold in more than 150 countries through 47,000 retailers in all channels of distribution, from mass merchandisers to department stores to specialty retailers. Sourcing and manufacturing are managed through VF's Global Supply Chain organization, which ...