Set Up a Financial File System
This week, you can
• Buy the necessary tools for creating a file system
• Create a simple yet effective file system to keep track of your important business and financial papers
• Organize information in a way that suits you
• Create a group of action files
• Make a binder for frequently accessed instructions and a list of your files
THIS WEEK WE MOVE ON TO THE creation of a financial file system. You need to know what to keep, what to toss, and what to shred. You also need to be able to put your hands on key papers at a moment’s notice. And so you shall by week’s end.
When I teach my organizing class, I begin by announcing that I have good news and bad news. The good news is that everybody is already organized. ...