Creating a Java Desktop Application
In this recipe, you will see how to create a new Java Desktop Application project. You will have to understand the component Palette, which classes are created by the IDE and what they represent for your application, and how to use the inspector to see which components are in your project.
- Create a Java Desktop Application project; this can be achieved by clicking File and then New Project or by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N (shortcut).
- In the New Project window, choose Java on the Categories side, Java Desktop Application on the Projects side, then click Next.
- A disclaimer window will be shown, click Next.
- At Name and Location, click on Project Name and enter DesktopApp.
- At Choose Application Shell, select ...