1. A 43-year-old African American male is admitted with sickle cell anemia. The nurse plans to assess circulation in the lower extremities every two hours. Which of the following outcome criteria would the nurse use?
○ A. Body temperature of 99°F or less
○ B. Toes moved in active range of motion
○ C. Sensation reported when soles of feet are touched
○ D. Capillary refill of < 3 seconds
2. A 30-year-old male from Haiti is brought to the emergency department in sickle cell crisis. What is the best position for this client?
○ A. Side-lying with knees flexed
○ B. Knee-chest
○ C. High Fowler’s with knees flexed
○ D. Semi-Fowler’s with legs extended on the bed
Quick Answer: ...