Getting started with Swarm
We'll now proceed with the installation of two small Swarm v1 and v2 proof of concept clusters, the first on local and the second on Digital Ocean. In order to execute the recipes, check the list of ingredients, ensure that you have everything, and then begin.
To follow the example, you'll need:
- Either a Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux desktop
- A Bash or Bash-compatible shell. On Windows you can either useCygwin or Git Bash.
- The latest version of VirtualBox, installed for the local example
- At least 4GB of memory for 4 VirtualBox instances of 1G of memory each for the local example
- A Docker client, at least version 1.6.0 for Swarm v1 and 1.12 for Swarm v2
- The latest version of Docker Machine, which is currently 0.8.1