Listening to Music
There isn't much to playing a song in the Music app; you simply tap it. There's much more involved in locating a song, though. It's not that it's difficult; it's just that there are lots of ways to do it. Jump right in, start a song, and then tap every part of the interface you see to familiarize yourself with it.
To locate and play a specific song, follow these steps:
- Tap any album on the default screen (refer to Figure 7-1) or
- Tap the arrow in the top-left corner.
- Tap Albums, Artists, Songs, Playlists, or Genres.
- Tap any album name, artist, and such as applicable.
- Tap the song to play or tap the Play button (not shown). See Figure 7-6.
FIGURE 7-6 Tap a song to play it.
To locate and play an entire album, follow these steps:
- Tap the Music icon once, or twice if necessary, to make the down arrow reappear that offers access to browsing options (See Figure 7-7).
- Tap that arrow and choose Albums.
FIGURE 7-7 Tap the Music icon a few times to regain access to the arrow shown here.
- Tap any album to play it.
- If desired, tap Shuffle to make the songs play in random order (shown earlier in Figure 7-6 and later in Figures 7-9 and 7-10); then tap the Play button. Otherwise, tap the first song to play.
- To play the album over and over, tap the Repeat button one time. ...