Editing Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations with Google Docs
Google Docs, detailed in Chapter 3 (“How Do I Make the Motorola Xoom Uniquely Mine?”), is an online web-based utility that gives you the ability to store, share, access, and edit documents from just about any Internet-enabled device, including your Xoom. You can access and edit your work files when you're away from the office or away from a laptop.
CREATING A SHORTCUT TO GOOGLE DOCS
The best way to make Google Docs readily available is to create a shortcut to it on your Home screen:
- Use the Browser to navigate to www.google.com.
- Tap More, and tap Documents.
- If you uploaded documents previously, as detailed in Chapter 3, you see them here.
- Tap the Star icon (located in the top-right corner of the Browser), and under Add To, tap Home screen.
- Tap OK. See Figure 10-14.
- You can now open the page by tapping the new link on the Home screen, as shown in Figure 10-15.
FIGURE 10-14 Your personal Google Docs web page offers access to documents you stored there previously.
FIGURE 10-15 Tap the new Google Docs icon to access your Google Docs web page.
CREATE A NEW SPREADSHEET OR DOCUMENT FROM GOOGLE DOCS You can start a new spreadsheet or a new document by tapping the New icon in the Google Docs interface, as shown in Figure ...