Setting Up Your Xoom
When you first turn on your new Xoom, you need to work through a few setup processes. You've probably already done that, but if not, they include:
- Charging the device (if it isn't already charged)
- Choosing a language
- Activating your device using either Verizon's cellular towers or your wireless network.
If you opted to buy the Xoom outright from a Verizon store or online, and you did not sign up for any data plan when you purchased it, you can't activate the device on the Verizon network. You need to activate it using a Wi-Fi network. Additionally, if you decide later to sign up for a cellular data plan with Verizon, you need to call Verizon and either create a new account or add a new line to an existing account. You can't simply activate the network service from your Xoom.
To activate your Xoom:
- Turn on the Xoom. It will try to activate itself on the Verizon cellular network.
- If you do not have a Verizon plan for cellular service, you will be prompted to select Skip or Set Up Using Wi-Fi.
- If you choose the Wi-Fi option, you'll receive a list of Wi-Fi networks within range. Tap the desired network.
- Input any passwords or passcodes as prompted.
- You'll see a screen that details Google's location service. You can choose to opt out of providing anonymous location data and allow the service to use your location to improve search results and provide location services.
- When prompted, sign in with your existing Google account or create one, or skip this task until ...