Appendix BRule List
This appendix provides the user with a complete list of all the guidelines contained in the book. They are listed in the order of their appearance and grouped by chapter. The page on which each rule can be found in parentheses following the rule.
Chapter 2. General Principles
1. Write programs that are clear to both the reader and the compiler. (3)
2. Write programs that can be efficiently tested. (4)
3. Write programs that will scale to different problem sizes. (5)
4. Write code that can be reused. (6)
5. Document all code changes, keeping a history of all code revisions. (6)
Chapter 3. Formatting Conventions
6. Always use free source form. (9)
7. Adopt and use a consistent ...