A home agent is a special router located on a home network to support mobile nodes. A home agent has the following capabilities:
• Maintaining binding information for home registration
• Intercepting and forwarding packets sent to the home addresses of mobile nodes using the Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in IPv6 encapsulating mechanism
• Forwarding packets sent from mobile nodes using the IPv6 in IPv6 encapsulating mechanism to the final destination of those packets
A correspondent node may have the capability to perform the route optimization procedure described in Chapter 5. Such a node has the following capabilities:
• Receiving binding information for route optimized communication
• Performing direct communication ...