Appropriate adaptations of how we think about organization, actions, and input on the desktop take what we know about web design and make it usable on mobile. But how do we ensure it’s also usable across the wide range of mobile devices available now and in the coming months—not to mention years?
- Come to terms with the fact that mobile is going to change at a breakneck pace for the foreseeable future.
- Let mobile browsers know you are creating designs that fit them.
- Be flexible, fluid, and responsive in your layouts.
- Know where to sketch the lines between device experiences.
- Reduce to the minimum amount necessary.
The only constant is change ...