Easy to hear, hard to control, critical to success.
MIX SMART QUICK START: Reverb
- Fix tracks with too much of that close-microphone sound and replace noisy endings.
- Fit tracks together using reverb to create spatial contrasts, distance, width, duration, and a united sense of ensemble.
- Feature mix elements through added liveness, simulated space, fabricated space, altered timbre, and reshaped texture.
- Invoke a scene change or decorate a track with a gated burst of energy, an eargrabbing reverse effect, or an ear-tingling regenerative or dynamic wash of energy.
- Key parameters of reverb time, bass ratio, and predelay are starting points for designing and refining a reverberant sound.
- Internalize the sound quality ...