CHAPTER 5 Compression and Limiting
The most misused effect: too much is a turnoff.
MIX SMART QUICK START : Compression and Limiting
- Practical motivations include preventing overload, overcoming noise, and de-essing bright vocals.
- Fit tracks together in your mix more easily through tamed loudness, improved intelligibility and articulation, smoothed performances, and cleverly reshaped amplitude envelopes.
- Feature tracks by extracting ambience and artifacts, manipulating timbre, and creating distortion through compression.
- Master the quirky set of parameters and features: threshold, ratio, attack, release, makeup gain, hard knee, soft knee, stereo, and multiband.
- Recognize the sonic traits and operational pros and cons built ...