In This Chapter
• Spawn 100 animals with one command
• Indicate that a mod has handled a command
• Let a player turn a mod on and off
• Listen to events when an item has been spawned
• Determine the type and quantity of the item
• Cancel an event to change its normal behavior
• Examine a block to determine its material
• Plant a tree sapling
The world in a Minecraft game is incredibly huge. A player can walk in the same direction for 30 million blocks before reaching an edge.
But as big as it is, the world remains almost entirely the same without a player’s actions. If you left an area and didn’t come back to it for weeks while exploring elsewhere, when you returned the hills, trees, and other objects would ...