In This Chapter
• Type a Java program into a source code editor
• Organize a program with bracket marks
• Store information in a variable
• Display the information stored in a variable
• Save, compile, and run a program
A computer program is a set of instructions that tells a computer what to do. These instructions are given to a computer using a programming language.
During this chapter, you create a simple program with the Java language by entering it into a text editor. When that’s done, you save the program, compile it, and test it. Then you break it on purpose and fix it again, just to show off.
To create Minecraft mods or any other Java programs, you must have a programming ...