Chapter 4. Creating Dynamic Business Solutions
We want to create dynamic business solutions by interacting with external data and working with workflows. In this chapter, we will cover many topics that help us create complex solutions that can interact with the powerful SharePoint workflows and access data in databases that aren't included in the SharePoint data model. We will:
- Create a new external content type to access data in external databases
- Access an external database in a Silverlight RIA included in a SharePoint solution
- Interact with external data sources linked to lists
- Create queries to filter fields and specify conditions
- Configure security issues related to external data sources
- Run Silverlight RIAs that interact with SharePoint 2010 outside ...