Using the Data Form Web Part with WCF data
In this recipe, we will use two connected Data Form Web Parts. One will display the list of Suppliers directly from the Northwind database via RESTful WCF Data Services. Then we will connect a second list that will show the products from the selected supplier.
Carry out the following steps in order to
- Ensure that your Northwind data service is running:
- Ensure that your Chapter6NorthwindDataService solution is open in Visual Studio 2010.
- Right-click on
NorthwindDataService.svc and choose View in browser.
- Copy the URL to the clipboard and get ready to use it for your data source.
- Ensure SharePoint Designer 2010 has been opened to the Chapter 6 URL:
- From the Navigation section, under Site Objects ...