Establishing an IPsec Policy on the SharePoint Server
Default IPsec policies must be enabled on any server in the SharePoint farm that will need to communicate over IPsec. To enable a simple IPsec policy that uses Active Directory Kerberos (as opposed to certificates-based IPsec), do the following on each server:
- From the MMC Console setup in the previous step, right-click IP Security Policies, and then click Create IP Security Policy.
- Click Next at the Welcome Wizard.
- Give a name to the IP security policy, such as SharePoint IP Security Policy, and click Next to continue.
- Do not check the box to activate the default response rule, but do click Next to continue. The default response rule is only used for down-level systems.
- Leave the Edit Properties ...