Depending on the part where we see the failure and the type of failure, the first problem is to isolate where the problem is.
Let's look at an example. If a user reports that he is unable to reset his password using his Windows client, there are a number of errors that might have occurred, such as:
- The client is missing the add-ins and extensions
- The add-ins and extensions are not configured correctly
- The user is not part of the required set
- The MPR is misconfigured
- The workflow activity is not working
- FIM Service is missing some permissions in FIM Sync
- The AD MA is not configured correctly
- FIM Sync is unable to reset the password on the DC
- The DCs are not replicating as expected
A long list, and I have probably still missed some. What I ...