Overview of Windows Server 2008 R2 Performance Monitoring
The first step in any performance optimization strategy is to accurately and consistently measure performance. The insight that you’ll gain from monitoring factors such as network and system utilization will be extremely useful when you measure the effects of any changes.
The overall process of performance monitoring usually involves the following steps:
1. Establish a baseline of current performance.
2. Identify the bottleneck(s).
3. Plan for and implement changes.
4. Measure the effects of the changes.
5. Repeat the process, based on business needs.
Note that the performance optimization process is never really finished because you can always try to gain more performance from your ...