In this chapter, you will learn about:
• SQL Server editions
• Instances of SQL Server
• Installing SQL Server 2005
• Configuring SQL Server 2005
• Using configuration tools like SQL Server Surface Area Configuration tool and SQL Server Configuration Manager
• Connecting to SQL Server via SSMS, SQLCmd, and dedicated administrator connection
• Troubleshooting the installation
• Books Online
You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
—Theodor Seuss Geisel
Certification opens doors and with so many companies moving to SQL Server 2005, you will likely see many more doors open for you as you become an MCITP: Database Administrator ...