Designing a Consolidation Strategy
MICROSOFT EXAM OBJECTIVES COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Design a database consolidation strategy.
- Gather information to analyze the dispersed environment.
- Identify potential consolidation problems.
- Create a specification to consolidate SQL Server databases.
- Design a database migration plan for the consolidated environment.
- Test existing applications against the consolidated environment.
SQL Server 2005 is a powerful platform capable of handling many different applications at once. However, in most cases, each application will have its own dedicated SQL Server that is underutilized. This results in greater ...