Designing Physical Storage
MICROSOFT EXAM OBJECTIVES COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Design physical storage.
- Design transaction log storage.
- Design backup file storage.
- Decide where to install the operating system.
- Decide where to place SQL Server service executables.
- Specify the number and placement of files to create for each database.
- Design instances.
- Decide how many databases to create.
- Decide on the placement of system databases for each instance.
- Decide on the physical storage for the tempdb database for each instance.
- Decide on the number of instances.
- Decide on the naming of instances.
- Decide how many physical servers are needed for instances.
- Establish service requirements.
- Specify instance configurations.
In the previous ...