Chapter 3. Decorate Graphs with Plot Styles and Types
So far, we have only seen a glimpse of Matplotlib's potential, and we want to see more—that's exactly what this chapter aims at.
We saw plain lines, but Matplotlib can do a lot more. In this chapter, we will explore:
- Line style customization—changing how the lines are drawn
- Point style customization—changing how we plot points on the graph
- Axes tick customization—changing how we draw ticks on the axes
- The several plots types available in Matplotlib such as histograms, bars, error bars, pie charts, scatter plots, and so on
- Polar charts, in case we need to plot relationships better expressed in terms of angles and radii
- Inserting textual information in our plots
Let's start with line and marker customizations. ...