The binding application process takes place primarily in the
bindingAttributeSyntax module, which defines the
ko.bindingContext class as well as the
ko.applyBindings method. The high-level overview looks like this:
ko.applyBindings method is called with the viewmodel.
- A binding context is constructed using the viewmodel.
- The binding provider is retrieved from
- Knockout works with the DOM tree:
- It is passed through the binding provider's node preprocessor (except the root node)
- The binding handlers for the node are constructed using the binding provider
- The binding handlers are sorted by ensuring that any bindings in their
after property are loaded first
- The binding handlers are iterated through, calling ...