Container networking using OpenStack Kuryr
In this section, we will cover how Container networking can be done with OpenStack Neutron using the OpenStack Kuryr project.
OpenStack Neutron provides the networking functionality for OpenStack clusters. The following are some properties of OpenStack Neutron:
- Neutron provides networking as an API service with backends or plugins doing the implementation
- Neutron can be used for baremetal networking as well as VM networking
- Basic Neutron constructs are Neutron network, Port, Subnet, and Router
- Common Neutron backends are OVS, OVN, and Linux bridge
- Neutron also provides advanced networking services such as load balancing as a service, Firewall as a service, Routing as a service, and VPN as a ...