Chapter 4. MariaDB Replication
MariaDB replication is a mechanism that permits us to replicate data to another instance on another host. Replication is generally used for the following reasons:
- Scale out reads: Replication permits scaling between several read databases to grow the read capacity
- Providing high availability: With multiple slaves, you have no read Single Point Of Failure (SPOF)
- Data analysis: Replication can be useful to have a replicated environment to allow querying without impacting the production environment
- Disaster recovery: You can have a distant copy of a master if a major issue occurs on your primary site
- Security: Replication can be used to add a read-only database on a DMZ for example
Replication works in an asynchronous mode, ...