Various Casting Processes
- It is also known as gravity die casting because of the fact that the molten metal enters the mould cavity under the action of gravity.
- It uses metallic mould called die.
- Because of stable nature of mould, it can be used to produce large number of castings with the same mould.
- It can be used to produce dimensionally accurate castings with close dimensional tolerances.
- The surface finish of the casting produced is very good.
- It is useful for small size castings.
- It is commonly employed for aluminium castings.
- The rate of production is high.
- The cast part is free from casting defects such as porosity, dirt and shrinkage.
- It is a variation of sand-mould casting. ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.