“If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts, but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.”—Sir Francis Bacon
At this point in the planning of the project, several decisions have been made:
• Whether to deliver the solution in one or more evolutions
• Whether to divide the work across one or more projects
Now that you have those decisions behind you, you need to make a number of decisions about how to structure the plan for the initial evolution:
• Which work should go in which phase?
• How will you know when the phase is done?
• How many iterations should you have in each phase?
• What does each iteration need to achieve for subsequent iterations to safely proceed? ...