This chapter will look at teams, team development and change from a number of perspectives and will be asking a number of pertinent questions:
- What is a group and when is it a team?
- Why do you need teams?
- What types of organizational teams are there?
- How do you improve team effectiveness?
- What does team change look like?
- What are the leadership issues in team change?
- How do individuals affect team dynamics?
- How well do teams initiate and adapt to organizational change?
The chapter aims to enhance understanding of the nature of teams and how they develop, identify how teams perform in change situations, and develop strategies for managing teams through change and change through teams.
We open with a discussion around ...