IN THIS CHAPTER
Comprehensive testing is crucial to the success of a Web site, and far too often, testing is inadequate. The following are some of the common user experiences that attest to that inadequacy:
• HTTP 404 (page not found) errors
• Missing images with no alternative text to indicate what information the images contained or linked to
• Dead-end pages that contain no links
• Obsolete pages, or pages that were never intended to be viewed, found through search engines
• Pages with heavy graphics that take too long to download
In most cases, such site problems result ...